Every student in college has to write a thesis at some point. And most of the time, they have no clue how to go about it. Students tend to find the length of the paper intimidating, while others get confused by the stylistics and layout. In order to avoid such confusion and secure good grades from their professors, a lot of students resort to buying dissertations online. And these dissertations, despite their high quality, do not actually fulfill the main purpose of writing an academic paper in the first place – namely, the student aggregating whatever they have learnt about a particular subject in class and then organizing that knowledge in a way that challenges readers and pushes new boundaries. Thankfully, there is a way for students to complete their college thesis without seeking assistance from a PhD thesis writing service. And it involves following the steps given below:
Focusing on the Content
The key to a good thesis is to present all the facts in logical fashion. And this process is simplified if the writer follows a definite layout for his/her paper, namely the three divisions – the introduction, body, and conclusion. Now, while the first and last aspects are what help thesis work hook the readers and wrap up all the arguments presented in the paper, the middle section – the body – is extremely important, because it contains the meat of the thesis. Without it, you would not be able to showcase your knowledge and establish the main argument of your paper. It is in the body of the essay that all the preparation you have done throughout your college life comes to fruition. Always keep in mind that the main purpose of the thesis body is to explain, describe, or argue the chosen topic.
How It Works
The structure of the body portion is a bit more rigid than either the beginning or the conclusion. That’s because this part is all about cold, hard facts. Every big idea that was present in the outline of your thesis paper will become one of the paragraphs of the body. So, if your paper had five main ideas, you must have five paragraphs, each of them discussing the respective idea in-depth.
Structure of Each Paragraph in the Body
Every good thesis writer must bear in mind that each paragraph will have a similar structure.
- You must write down one of your main ideas in the form of your sentences. Arrange it so that it is both legible and comprehensible.
- After that, you must write down all the points you have in support of that main idea. But make sure you leave a minimum of four to five lines between two points.
- This space will come in handy when you have to write down some sort of elaborations later on for that same point. By “elaboration”, we mean further discussion or explanation or description that increases the reader’s understanding of that point.
- Include supporting points in your thesis. Without it, readers will think that you are merely stating an opinion rather than an actual fact.
- If you want, you can include a summary sentence for every paragraph in your thesis. However, this is not a strict requirement. Moreover, some of these sentences tend to sound stilted, which means that you must use your better judgment when including them in your academic paper.
So far, you have fleshed out each of the paragraphs in the body of your thesis without any dissertation assistance. And you can continue this way if you want to write the whole paper on your own. After all, the entire purpose of this assignment is to show off all that you’ve learnt in your college course. So, if you need help writing thesis that means you still have much to learn about your respective subject.